Monday, March 15, 2010

Veggie Chili


Veggie chili is my staple protein food. It's so simple to make and you can throw in anything in your fridge that you need to use before it turns (this always seems to happen to me with my fresh produce.) It's super nutritious and hearty if you're missing meat out of your diet. I usually use portabella for its meaty texture but I didn't have it this week, instead I used various types of beans. Another good characteristic about this dish is that you can make a big batch of it and have lunch made for the entire week.

Here's what you'll need:

1 can of white beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
16 ounce can of tomato paste
1 small onion
1/2 green pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
hot sauce

add whatever vegetables you have in your fridge


1. saute onion and pepper in olive oil until tender.
2. Add diced tomatoes and beans. Stir in paste. Add in chili pepper and hot sauce.
3.Cook until hot and veggies are tender. Garnish with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment