Sunday, January 24, 2010

First on the menu!


Gluten-Free, Diary-Free Zucchini Bread

My mom gave me this recipe, but instead of using regular flour I substituted it for an all purpose gluten-free variety. I use Bob's Red Mill all purpose flour for almost everything now. It's good stuff. The only downfall with gluten-free staples in your cabinet is they're expensive! Going on, the recipe originally called for 3 eggs, but I used 3 1/2 tablespoons of apple sauce as a replacer. So here's everything else.

3/4 cup vegetable oil

1 1/4 cups sugar

3 eggs beaten (or a little more than 3 tablespoons of apple sauce if you don't get down with eggs)

1 3/4 cups zucchini (do not drain)

2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon



Post Script- Tastes better than it looks it in picture. It makes for a tasty, little snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment