Sunday, January 31, 2010

Simple Sopa!


I remember the first time I had sopa. I was half awake, hungover, and stretched out on my friend's couch. No, it was not a pretty picture but Janessa was whizzing around in the kitchen making her favorite Spanish dish. I instantly awoke to the smells of onions and garlic sauteing on her teeny tiny city stove. It was the first time I had sopa and I promise, it cured my hangover instantly with its deliciousness. Last night was my first night trying to make the dish. It didn't come out like Janessa's but it still tasted pretty damn good.

Saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Add a can of diced tomatoes and 1/4 a cup of tomato sauce. Add a ton of your favorite cheese! Mix all together with your choice of gluten-free pasta or brown rice. PS- My sister made a similar dish when she was living in Costa Rica and she would add avocado to her sopa. Give it a shot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment