Thursday, February 18, 2010

All Purpose Gluten Free Flour


I wanted to put up the brand of gluten-free flour I've been using for almost all my baking recipes. It's Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour, and I approve. *gives a teethy smile and thumbs up* Don't be fooled though, you can't substitute all recipes with this faux flour. For instance, let's just say you have a great idea to to make "gluten-free pierogis late at night with a simple swap of flours", it won't work. What I'm learning (besides that a gluten allergy is ruining my life...kidding?? who knows anymore) is that gluten in recipes makes the food world go round. I have to start buying things like xantam gum. What? Who? I'm such a novice. I'll tell you something though. I will NOT be defeated when it comes to making pierogis. Let it be known, the weird potato pocket will be mine, and gluten-free at that. MU-HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment