Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Brown Rice Pasta

I just wanted to make a quick blog about the pasta alternative I've been using. It's called Tinkyada Pasta Joy Ready. It's a brown rice spiral pasta. With this pasta you want to make sure you follow the directions on the bag, which I didn't do the first time around. Wompppp Wommmp. I cooked it the first time like I would cook pasta normally. Wrong-oh. It came out extremely soggy and almost inedible. What you're supposed to do is boil water, add pasta in and boil for a minute, turn off the heat and let the pasta sit in water for 20 minutes. Just a heads up!

1 comment:

  1. I like your sound effects...womppp womppp...I use this pasta all the time but haven't made it this way. I usually boil for 16 minutes and it comes out great but I will try your method to save electricity!

    I went gluten free last spring (also wheat free, sugar free, dairy free, caffeine free - it was hard but I felt fantastic!) and it's time for me to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete