Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Polenta and Rice Crusted Salmon


Don't be fooled by the "salmon polenta hot dog" looking picture. I'll be the first to admit that I'm no photographer. Whateverrr. Anyway, the polenta I made was surprising delicious. I'm only surprised because I made it. The polenta isn't its characteristically yellow color that it usually is and that's because I used white cornmeal (hence the weird picture.) I crusted the salmon with the coating Dunc made me, which is really simple to make. You just put brown rice in your food processor and process until you get a salt like texture.

Polenta:

1 cup cornmeal or medium grain polenta
4 tablespoons of butter
1 cup sour cream or cream cheese
4 cups of water

Heat water lightly seasoned with salt to a boil over high heat, about 5 minutes. Quickly whisk in the polenta until fully incorporated. Lower the heat to a low simmer, add the butter and allow the polenta to cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.Finish by stirring in the cheese and salt to taste.

Salmon:

Coat each side with the brown rice coating. Heat salmon in a pan with olive oil on each side for 1 and half on each side. Salt to taste. Serve with polenta.

No comments:

Post a Comment